Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sports Break

Fair warning, you might find this shocking:

I don't care about the Super Bowl.

That's right, this guy that's a big sports fan has no particular interest in the outcome of this year's Super Bowl.

Jim Harbaugh played quarterback for two of my favorite teams, Chicago and Indianapolis.  Although it's nice to see him succeed as a coach, that's not quite enough to make me a 49ers fan.

I know that Ravens fans hate the Colts.  They think the Colts were stolen from them way back when they bugged out in the middle of the night to escape being stolen by the government in some twisted application of Eminent Domain.  They continue to hold a grudge, and I understand it was a major source of celebration for many Ravens fans when they knocked the Colts out of the playoffs this year.

I would have loved to see Luck and the rookie Colts team knock off the Ravens, even though they likely would have been beaten soundly the next weekend by the Patriots.  But I'm truly neither a fan nor an enemy of the Ravens.  I'm Switzerland.

So the Ravens versus 49ers in the Super Bowl gets no reaction from me.  I don't care who wins the game.  To the extent I watch at all, it will just be to see if there are any particularly entertaining commercials this year.  Forget the halftime show, which will not feature anything approaching musical excellence.

I'm more interested in what I think will be an excellent matchup between Indiana and Michigan this weekend.  Besides, I'm probably going to be traveling during the Super Bowl anyway.

No Super Bowl predictions from me this year.  Ho Hum.

No comments: