Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello, I'm a Right-Wing Extremist

Of course, I've always considered myself a normal American man.  Some would say the world has passed me by, and others in that group would suggest I'm more dangerous than Islamic Terrorists.

But if I'm to be labeled as a Right-Wing Extremist, I prefer to embrace that title rather than knuckle under to the new Politically Correct liberalism.

I'm a Right-Wing Extremist because:

I believe in God, go to Church every Sunday and actually listen and participate, and even pray and study the Holy Bible on my own time.

I believe that I have a responsibility to care for myself and my family. Asking the government for help would be a source of shame.  I'll do whatever it takes to earn a living for my loved ones, even if I have to take a job digging ditches or washing dishes.

I believe that killing babies is murder, whether it's done inside or outside her mother's womb.

I believe rampant divorce is the result of people who decided to be fundamentally dishonest with themselves, their spouse, their families and friends, and most of all God.  Divorce is the breaking of the most sacred and significant promise one makes in his or her lifetime.  When a man or woman breaks that vow, he or she has proven to everyone that since they're untrustworthy in the biggest things, they will also be untrustworthy in small things.

I believe homosexuality is disordered and wrong.  I do not condemn individuals who may experience homosexual attraction or desires, even though I do not understand them.  But acting on those desires without restraint, then insisting that others validate that aberrant behavior, is wrong.  Just like adultery is wrong.  Even though those behaviors are morally wrong, I do not propose prosecution or imprisonment or other government-imposed sanctions (unless of course the behavior involves children).  But I do oppose the path we are on, which seeks to marginalize and eventually prosecute those of us who express disapproval and opposition.

I believe that war is a horrible thing.  America should go to great lengths to avoid war, but when the safety of her citizens is at risk, war is sometimes the only option.  Once America decides to go to war, the military should not be micromanaged by politicians, but allowed to prosecute the war in the way they deem necessary to win as quickly as possible while minimizing the loss of American lives.

I believe in Federalism and the United States Constitution.  I understand that the Federal Government has usurped so much power for itself that the Constitution has nearly been rendered meaningless.  That's why we now have a president who has systematically attacked the bill of rights; if we've ignored all of the other amendments, then freedom of the press, freedom of religion, freedom to bear arms, and protection against unreasonable search and seizure are also fair game.

I believe healthcare is between my doctor and me.  I oppose a Big Brother government inserting itself between us, grabbing the doctor's fees from me then deciding how much they will pass on to the doctor for his services.

I believe in freedom.  Freedom to live my life as I choose without government interference.  Freedom to obtain property and use it as I see fit.  Freedom to raise and educate my own children as I see fit.  Freedom to drive the car I choose, eat and drink what I choose, build the house I choose, grow my own produce if I want, and travel wherever I like.

If all of these things make me a Right-Wing Extremist, then I'll proudly wear the title as a badge of honor.

No comments: