Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Too Busy

Why take time I don't have to update my blog? I can't seem to figure it out, but here I am.

My calendar is jammed well into May, and indications are it will continue through the summer. Great for the bank account, but it raises big questions about where I go from here from a business standpoint.

Do I officially put the web business on the back burner or get serious about finding somebody to work for me? My main contact at the computer repair shop I've been partnering with for that sort of stuff for my clients left, and I just discovered they're abandoning the partnership. Just as well, as I was beginning to discover that their services weren't of the highest quality. Basically my contact there was the best they had, and now that he's gone they would be a liability to me anyway. Unfortunately, that means I've got a computer at the office I have to get fixed on my own when I get back in town. Wish I could bribe Nick to come home & take care of it. I really don't have time for that stuff, but have to keep the customers happy.

If I don't work on building the other facets of my business, I'll get stuck out here on the road again, which is a major reason I left the old company to begin with. It's kind of an interesting dilemma; I enjoy the work, and most of the time sort of like traveling around the country and meeting the variety of people I encounter. On the other hand, when I travel too much, I get lonely and miserable and feel guilty about neglecting the boys. Well, I guess now it's pretty much down to only 1 boy I'll be neglecting, but he counts too.

If anybody knows a smart, internet-savvy person who is or has the potential to be a decent salesperson, please send him or her my way. I'm convinced the right person could earn big bucks, as I'm prepared to offer a generous commission plan.

I hear it's beautiful outside - must get out there before the sun sets to check it out.

No comments: