Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Still Alive

So if there was a major terrorist event planned for today, I guess we missed it. Some have guessed that the big flap with liquid explosives a couple weeks back was the actual plan.

In the meantime, I'm back in Canada. At the border I got sent into Immigration again, and was afraid they'd kick me out again. But this time they waved me through. I just never know what's going to happen here. September might be interesting, since I'm supposed to be up here most of that month.

So there were two guys applying for the same position with Cummins. One was a Yankee from New York and the other a Bubba from Arkansas. Their qualifications looked almost identical, they both interviewed well, then they both were given the same pre-employment test, on which they received an identical score.

The hiring manager offered the job to the Yankee. Bubba, who was unhappy with the choice, stormed into the office and asked the hiring manager, "why did y'all hire the yankee when I was ever bit as qualified for the job?"

The hiring manager explained, "The test was what helped seal our decision."

Bubba said, "But we both got the exact same score on the test."

The hiring manager responded, "Yes, and in fact both of you missed only one question. It also happened to be the same question. The answer from our other candidate to that question was 'I don't know'. "

"Your answer to that question was, 'Neither do I'.

Kudos to the original author of the above, whoever you may be.

No comments: