Monday, August 21, 2006

Football Season

The best part about this time of year? Football season!

Hard to tell watching pre-season NFL games. Except that if the Colts get any of their starters injured, they will be in big trouble. Because their backups have looked horrible. I'm sure Jim Sorgi's a great guy, but I have a feeling I could have done better than he did in the first two preseason games. Maybe it's time to pick up a competent backup at QB, but then again, if Peyton gets hurt we can pretty much write off the season regardless.

We haven't seen much from the running backs with the Colts yet. If they can't get the running game going with Edge gone to Arizona, it will make things a lot tougher on Peyton. I think early in the season teams will gear up to stop the pass and ignore the run until the Colt's prove they can run. We'll see.

Gotta get the Columbus North site up and running for this year. Just need to find the time. The first game's already in the books - yikes!

I was surprised to see Notre Dame ranked second preseason. Seems too high. I wonder if they'll be able to build on a pretty good season last year.

I wonder if Indiana will make more improvements this year. They started out somewhat promising, but folded when they got to the Big Ten schedule. This year they won't be contending for the Big Ten title, but maybe they could move from the bottom to near the middle.

If my favorite teams do well this year, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

N said...

if you can just NOT throw a ball, you can do better than jim sorgi did last night.