Friday, March 04, 2005

Approaching Normal

That bug (flu most likely) was pretty much the worst I've had in a few years. Adding to the misery was an inability to just take a day off to rest. The best I could do was take off early the first day (5 O'Clock) and spend lunch breaks with my feet up in the hotel room. Finally, I'm approaching normal with just a nagging cough that refuses to go away.

Was happy to have Nick home at least for the weekend, even though he made it abundantly clear to all of us how much he hated it. Depressing, because it feels like hating home = hating us (me). I know it's partly the house, which we moved into his Junior Year in HS, so it's not really home. I much preferred the house in town myself, but the country seems to make Claudia happy. And partly the isolation, being way out in the country and away from friends. But we all did our best to make him feel welcome. Guess we failed.

I was only home for the weekend, so I tried to make room to spend as much time with my eldest as possible, and am happy to have at least had that time. Back out the door first thing Monday morning, catching the CASA class before heading back to Chi-Town.

Things are really picking up on the business front. I came back from Chicago to 3 checks in the mailbox. That's exciting, but it also means there are hours and hours of work that must be done that I have no idea how I'll be able to do it all. I really need some help, but it's a little too early to go out and hire someone. The definition of the rock and hard place.

Speaking of which, time to stop messing around in blogger and get to work.

No comments: