Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hello Hump Day

The only week I'll be in town is half over, and I've got a lot more than half-a-week's work to do. So what am I doing blowing a few minutes on the blog? Good question.

There's not really much politically of interest going on right now, except it was sort of interesting to see the stories about the protestors at the State House during the gay marriage amendment debate. I also read an unbelievably stupid letter to the editor in the Republic this morning favoring government sponsored gay marriage. Just one example of stupidity was a claim that "Jesus never specifically spoke against homosexuality". Yes, he never spoke out about pedophilia or incest either, so does that mean we should stop our bigotry against those practices? There were a number of equally inane arguments, and the letter was so stupid I was tempted to respond with my own letter to the editor. I think I've come to my senses since then.

Finished CASA training, except for one class I'll have to make up sometime later in the spring. Have to go observe a court hearing tomorrow morning, and the swear-in ceremony is supposed to get scheduled soon. That could be interesting, given the fact that I wont be in town any weekday the rest of the month. I wonder when they'll give me a case.

I'm almost finished with my books for 2004, then I have to get caught up through February, since I've got to get my February financials filed with WSI by the end of the week. Tedium.

The meeting yesterday with a prospective client was interesting. They're in the motorcycle/scooter/atv business, and now I'm wanting one. I didn't know that the big motorcycle makers have left the under-500cc market. This guy's working to replace that market with his imports, which sounds like a great opportunity. This might be a fun web project to work on.

I've really got to get busy finding an IMC. The business is poised to really take off, and just needs somebody paying attention to it full-time. I've got to keep the money coming in by doing the independent consulting until there's a big enough client base to let me get back to just focusing on the web part.

Can't find my November AMEX statement. How irritating. But I also need to get some invoices out the door and get to the bank to make a deposit, so I'll let that cheer me up.

No comments: