Monday, January 31, 2005

Busy week ahead

Got a full plate this week, mostly because I've been out of town nearly every week in the past couple of months.

Went to CASA training this morning, first session. It will be fascinating to see what sort of cases I get. I think I'll enjoy this little volunteer sideline, but it might be painful and difficult. Either way, I'm fascinated to find out. I'll probably miss some of the sessions and will have to make them up in the spring, but we'll see what happens.

Not much happening over the weekend, and we didn't really feel like doing much anyway because the weather stinks. Definitely a weekend that makes me look forward to Spring.

Tax time! W2's are in, and I've got to get busy because the FAFSA is due very soon. A strange system when you think about it. Parental income the key factor in their kids' college financial aid package. I'm not sure I have a great alternative to the system; maybe I should give it some thought. It does concern me the apparently huge numbers of college grads that have to start their working lives under the shadow of big debts for their education.

All for another time. If I don't go get lunch right now, the next chance for a meal is way out sometime tonight.


No comments: