Monday, January 24, 2005

Spring Break Planning

I forgot about the fact that it's hard to redeem miles for travel over Spring Break if you wait until late January. I'll keep trying, because I'd rather fly to Sarasota than drive.

It was an interesting experiment, where I told everyone I was going to Florida for Spring Break, and they could choose to come along or stay home. Chris was the first definitive "Yes". Then Tim did his usual schtick, starting with "I'll go if Nick goes". When I told him Nick couldn't go because his spring break wasn't the same week, he changed to "I'll go if Mom and Chris don't go". So I told him that Chris was definitely going, and it became "I'll go if Mom doesn't go".

Funny, Mom told Tim she was going if he was, but she was staying home if he stayed home. So we've got a standoff. I'm not going to bother trying to talk anybody into anything. If Tim wants to go, it's with the family; if not, he gets to stay home with his mother. I think the strategy actually is working out pretty well; only those who want to go and have a good time will do so, and the rest can stay home.

Now I just have to find a flight that hasn't already handed out all of their FF seats.

Gotta stop messing around with the blog and get my work done so I can get to Chicago at a reasonable hour this evening.

1 comment:

N said...

you can't blame tim for not wanting to go alone. at our stage in life there are few things that don't involve other people in our age group that are really fun. take for example my spring break plans; a hard 3-day hike through the forest. does that sound like something you'd be interested in? or mom? or something chris could even come along for?