Saturday, January 29, 2005

To Do List

How many people have a To Do List of things they want to do before they die?

I'll share mine here if you promise not to make fun of me. These are the things I'd like to cross of my list before I'm dead.

1. Trim down and get into shape. Sounds easy, right? For some reason it's the hardest thing in the world for me right now.

2. Play in a basketball league. And play well. (requires prerequisite #1 above)

3. Sing for more weddings. I love to sing at weddings.

4. Sing a duet onstage with Celine Dion. And do better than hold my own next to her.

5. Cut my own CD Album. And have lots of people play it and like it. And not care if it ever earned a dime.

6. Dance like I once did. Un-self-consciously. (also requires prerequisite #1 above)

7. Build my dream rec room. With all the great stuff that it should have.

8. Get out of bed every morning with a "can't wait for today" attitude.

9. Take the Alaskan Cruise.

10. Tour the Holy Land.

11. Other trips (not necessarily all of them): British Isles, Germany/Austria, Italy, Greece, Egypt, Australia/New Zealand.

12. Be at weddings for all 3 boys. Be a best friend to them and their wives. Have a great relationship with my grandchildren. (I'm somewhat sad that I'll never get to walk a daughter down the aisle.)

13. Buy a new car just because I like it, even if it's completely impractical.

14. Have Colts Season Tickets with great seats and somebody to go with who's actually into it.

15. Go to lots of grandchildrens' sports events and concerts. Assuming I have grandchildren someday.

16. Save a life. Or have a major positive influence on one that is acknowledged by that person.

17. Die in my sleep the night after I've checked off the last item on the list. Having been pretty much healthy up to that moment.

There's more, but I'll never tell anyone about them, they are too personal.

No comments: