Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Blog about Nothing

Here in the great white north I can't get warm anywhere but my hotel room. And I'm generally not one to get cold easily. It might be a great place to be in the winter if you like snowmobiling.

The cold I don't mind so much, but the real issue is the travel. It's an all day trip each way. So this week I use two full days to get here and back, and can only bill the three days I'm here. Next trip I'll have to give up Sunday and the following Saturday for travel to bill the full week.

Oh well, just part of life.

Trying to decide how much Christmas shopping to do. What to get, how much to spend, who all should get something anyway all part of the process. Christmas must be fun for the very rich, because if I were very rich, I would get nice stuff for all kinds of people. Just for the fun of it.

Right now I just wish I could go out and buy a decent vehicle to replace Jed. Jed's getting very old - well over 135K miles. Hard as I'm working, it would seem not to be all that tough. But whatever comes in just goes back out. Sigh.

I should also get business Christmas cards out to clients this weekend. I'll try to overcome laziness and get that done.

1 comment:

N said...

i agree with the richness and presents thing... i always want to get people nicer things than i can. you should see my amazon wishlist for christmas shopping...

above all, though, i think presents should be thoughtful. sometimes it's hard to give gifts that are both cheap and thoughtful, though.