Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturdays are Good

This one is pretty good, anyway. I made a nice sale today and am getting treated to a show at Beef & Boards in Indy tonight. Although I'm not exactly sure what the show is, and have never been to Beef & Boards before. But it was started by the brother of a guy I knew in University Singers back at Ball State, and I've heard it's pretty good.

Too bad North lost to East last night, but it was an exciting game. Last play of the game, 4th and 17, clock ticking down under 10 seconds, 1st down on the 2 yard line but needing a touchdown for the win. Pass caught and the receiver fights with all he has to try to reach the first down, or better yet the endzone, but is tackled 1 yard short. Game over. East wins 28-24. Stevie Brown is amazing.

Getting "tagged" by Nick I assume must mean I have to post my version of 10 things that make me happy. There are lots more than 10, but I'll try to make it a "top 10". O yeah, and I won't bother to tag anybody else (unless somebody wants me to)

1. Listening to a thunderstorm lashing the roof and windows while I drift off to sleep under the blankets.
2. Driving through the mountains on a clear day with my favorite tunes on the radio and my favorite female companion under my arm.
3. Watching one of my kids play (insert name of sport here) from a comfortable canvas chair on the sidelines.
4. Going to a football game with one to three of my boys. Colts, college game, High School game - any will work.
5. Shooting hoops in a nice gym.
6. Singing in front of a large audience and being able to see that I am reaching them emotionally with my song.
7. Ice cream. Especially "home-made".
8. Hugs.
9. Road trips - anywhere, as long as the weather's nice and the scenery's decent.
10. A great book.

No comments: