Monday, August 15, 2005

Feels Like Limbo

I've had a couple of weeks where very little has happened. I've made some half-hearted efforts at filling the gap between projects with something that might make me some money, but nobody's really doing anything in the business world right now either. It seems that those last weeks of the summer before school starts are just time for everybody to sit back and get prepared for getting back into the Fall routine.

In the past I've started projects in June and July, but they all seemed to fizzle during the summer months. It seems like it just takes a lot longer to get things done in the summer, but once Labor Day comes around, everything gets going again.

You wouldn't think that summer should be that much different in the business world, since businesses don't go on vacation. True, businesses continue to operate in the summer, but except for seasonal businesses, the people who work for them take summer vacations and like to generally take it easy in the summer. So projects like those I get involved with tend to get pushed off to the fall.

Case in point, my new project that starts right after Labor Day. Originally it was scheduled to start this week. But key people were going on vacation, and other things came up they didn't share with me, and all got pushed back. Too bad, because I'm more than ready to get back to work.

1 comment:

N said...

yeah, august = boring.