Tuesday, October 01, 2013

A Little Fun

As the government is shut down and the Obamacare website doesn't work, I think today's an appropriate day to have a little fun.

Here's my fun topic for today.  I wonder whether I'm a good judge of character.  To test that, I'm thinking that what if I took a look at celebrities and tried to figure out which ones are truly good people.  Which celebrities would I like to meet and hang out with for a day, to test my theory about whether my impression about them as people was correct?

It isn't an easy task, because I tend to believe that most celebrities are insufferable narcissists.  But let's give it a shot.

Actors/Actresses
Gary Sinise - strikes me as a truly genuine, great guy
Tom Selleck - I always believed I would like the guy
John Wayne - I know, easiest pick.  Too bad there's no chance I could ever meet the Duke.
Bruce Willis - I'll bet Mr. Die Hard is pretty likeable.
Denzel Washington - Seems like a genuine guy.
Mel Gibson - as long as he's not drunk
Kevin Kline - reminds me a lot of a talented college classmate
Actresses are a lot tougher for me, as even though many are very attractive, most strike me as not very good people.  Let's give it a try anyway:
Sandra Bullock - I don't know, she just seems to be a likeable lady.
Elizabeth Banks - I sense a likeable person behind her on-screen characters
Jennifer Garner - Seems genuine
Angie Harmon - The tall Texan gives off a down-to-earth vibe
Kate Jackson - Was the only member of Charlie's Angels that seemed real to me.
Mary-Louise Parker - Loved her in Red
Janine Turner - She became a pro-life activist, which I like
Jennifer Lawrence - She seems almost like a real person

Singers
Carrie Underwood - A country singer I'd like to meet without all the makeup
Reba McEntire - I've heard from people I know who've met her that she's very friendly
Harry Connick Jr - Always exudes an approachability
Donnie Osmond - Actually met him once, seemed like a good guy
Olivia Newton-John - Always liked her, even if she's so crazy about animals she created a game preserve in her backyard
Karen Carpenter - Would have liked to have met her before she died
Shania Twain - She's pretty much out of the spotlight now, but a talented singer. Reading that she and her former husband swapped partners with another couple really turns me off, though.

Others
Jay Leno - Who doesn't like Jay?
Larry Bird - Always wanted to meet Larry Legend.
Peyton Manning - No explanation necessary
Benjamin Netanyahu - Seems like a fascinating person to meet
Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toewes of the Chicago Blackhawks.  I'm just a fan.
Bob Knight
Ted Cruz
Megyn Kelly
Lee Child

I'm sure there are plenty of other famous people that would be delightful to meet.  But these are the ones I could come up with just by sitting down and thinking about it for a few minutes.  I wonder if you agree, or what names would you add or subtract from my list?


No comments: