Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The View from an Elitist

I found this article on Yahoo.  It's stunning.

The title is "A Guide to the Last Anti-Gay Marriage Holdouts and What They Really Believe".

It merely reproduces excerpts from a group of mostly conservative commentators in a manner dripping with derisive hostility.  If she met me and realized that I pretty much agree with most of the quotes she cited, I imagine she'd call 911 and demand they come and arrest me immediately.

The clear message from Ms. Elspeth Reeve is basically, "I don't know anybody who actually opposes Gay Marriage, and those who still do are right-wing religious whack jobs".

I don't think Elspeth has ever met a Christian, or at least someone who attends church every Sunday.  Although I am sure if she did meet somebody like that, she'd insult him or her and turn on her heel to run away as fast as she can.

I feel sorry for her.  She's everything she accuses the Right of, and doesn't even realize it.  Closed-minded, bigoted, intolerant, and wildly supportive of religious oppression.

No comments: