Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Disqualified

The facts are out and it's over.  The Obama White House made up a cover story to try to fool the American people over what happened in the Benghazi consulate.  They tried to hide the truth to mitigate the harm they believed the truth would do to the Obama re-election campaign.  Now that this has come to light and cannot be disputed, it disqualifies Barack Obama from the office of President of the United States.  It's an impeachable offense.

As an opponent of the president based on my almost complete disagreement with him on nearly every policy issue, I am not celebrating today.  I'm mourning the destruction of the credibility of the office of President.  These things only happen in places like Iran, China, Russia, Cuba, Venezuela.  They aren't supposed to happen in the United States of America.

Every American should be told what happened and made to understand why such behavior by our government leaders is so terribly destructive to a free society.  I know that many Democrats do not care that the President engaged in such egregious behavior, because their worldview includes the ends justifying the means.

But had something equivalent to this happened 2 weeks before election day between George W Bush and John Kerry, I would have withheld my vote.  I would not have voted for Kerry, but neither would I have voted for Bush.  I would have limited my votes to the state and local races and abstained from voting for president.  I would have wished that the GOP could remove Bush from the ballot and replaced him with another Republican, but of course it would have been too late.

America cannot afford to passively stand by when their leaders are caught cravenly lying about tragic acts of war against our own people, especially on sovereign American territory.  I hope Democrats everywhere come to realize that they cannot support a president who would act as this one has, and choose to either replace him with Mitt Romney or withhold their vote.

No comments: