Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Vandals

The high school football site I maintain was vandalized this morning. I discovered it by chance, really, when I just happened to click into the site and find a bogus "Art Department" page where the football website should have been. Turns out they trashed every page, so I reloaded the site.

I'm trying to get in touch with someone at the school to change the passwords and hopefully at least slow down the vandal. Hope they don't come back and wreck it again in the meantime.

Wonder whether it was some kid from an opposing school, or maybe even a student from the same school who likes to hack and vandalize.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be cool to get the same vandal to trash some really obnoxious sites? Like redirect, say, MoveOn.Org to RushLimbaugh.Com? Sounds like fun.

Not that I'd actually condone such behavior, of course.

No comments: