Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How to tell it's time for a new car

When you come out of the restroom in the interstate rest area to find a state police officer checking out your vehicle to see if it's abandoned.

The irony is that I've been working like a maniac - the fact I just finished working for the day at 10:30PM in evidence - and still don't feel like I can really afford to go buy a new car.

Just a little tidbit of information related to the new car idea: I got all my stuff together for tax preparation, and found that if not for all the money that went to Healthcare and College expenses last year, I could have bought a pretty decent new car for cash!

Gotta stop thinking about that.

After 2 straight 15 hour workdays, I think I'll cut off tomorrow's workday at 8. I don't care about all the work that's still waiting for me, I need a break!

Yes, there are still about 5 things I'm way behind on, but I'm burned out. I want to just disappear for about two weeks, somewhere warm where nobody can find me.

Gotta stop thinking about that.

Maybe I could apply for the WalMart Greeter job. Seems like a very low-stress job. What do you think it pays? Not quite six figures, is it?

Oh well.

This weekend I hope we have decent weather, because at the very least I better wash old Jed. If I don't get the jalopy washed pretty soon, some cop might decide it's junk and have it towed away.

Oh yeah, and the client I'm working with this week is the same one I worked with last year when Jed broke down. Twice. They asked me if I was still driving the same car, you know, the one that kept breaking down last year. I was kind of embarrassed to tell them, "Yes".

Gotta either laugh or cry.

No comments: