Friday, November 17, 2006

It Probably Doesn't Matter

I'm just wondering what's in the minds of the GOP in Congress. They just lost their majorities in both houses. You'd think it's time for fresh blood and new ideas.

Guess not.

They brought back Trent Lott. They kept Boehner in the House as their leader.

So, I guess that means they don't want new faces or new ideas. Boehner might or might not be a great guy, but when I've seen him on television he seems to have the charisma of a dead fish. If they had actually chosen Mike Pence, maybe they would have had a chance to rebuild and communicate a fresh message. But the good ol' boys won, obviously.

Could it be they don't mind being beaten by Democrats?

I suppose it doesn't really matter. Everywhere I look, all I see are power-drunk democrats celebrating with their sycophant news anchors. The news guys (and girls) aren't even bothering to talk to republicans, except perhaps their favorite, John McCain.

Party on, dudes. (Did I get that idiom right? Gotta brush up - the hippies are in charge now.)

1 comment:

N said...

if you want to go california, you'll really want to switch up "brah" for "dude". and you might want to consider something more like "i'm stoked, brah". it's very surfer-chic.