Monday, October 31, 2005

No More Weekends, Please

The weekend was incredibly hectic, not to mention like a bad episode of The Twilight Zone, and I'm glad it's over. In fact, I am tempted to declare a moratorium on weekends for a few weeks. I don't think I can handle too many more of these.

But we got to the play, although about 15 minutes late. There was very little sleep Friday or Saturday nights. There was lots of driving around Indiana. We saw lots of relatives and old friends we haven't seen in a very long time. And I now have new brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews. It can make for interesting family holiday gatherings.

But I don't know when I've felt more helpless or hopeless.

No more weekends. Work is easier. I can hole up in my office where at least it's safe.

2 comments:

N said...

oh, goodness... i'd completely neglected the thought of additional relatives. scary...

Dan S. said...

Yes. You missed a lot more than just the wedding. You missed the bachelor party - great ice cream! Now you need to meet your new aunts, uncles, and cousins.