Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Repeating History

Back to the future.

Economic troubles are so similar to the 30's it's amazing. Even more amazing is how few of our leaders in Washington seem to understand anything about our conditions. They certainly don't seem to have learned anything from the experiences of the "Great Depression". Mostly they seem be focused on making sure they and their buddies prosper, not caring much at all about the country as a whole.

And we've elected a president who fancies himself a pacifist version of FDR.

Only those able to pay off all their debt as soon as possible have a chance at survival over the next dozen years.

Personally, I have to try everything I can to keep income going. I know a regular job isn't going to happen, so I've got to find every possible way to keep the business bringing in revenue. Then make the payoff of the mortgage #1 on the agenda.

Maybe I'll have to actually start farming.

No comments: