Saturday, April 14, 2007

Up and Away

Here I thought I'd sworn off politics for awhile, and then that previous post appears almost without my conscious knowledge. Surreal. Good ideas there, I think, but I've got to stop deluding myself into thinking anybody else cares.

Now it seems like a pretty good deal to escape the cold, rainy, and maybe snowy weather here for two weeks in Jamaica. I just feel a bit of stress because of a lack of information.

I don't know what the client's "guest house" is. It could be a princely place or a dump, and I won't know until I get there.

They are providing me with a driver while I'm there. I don't know if it's a personal chauffer or somebody off the street who shows up when he feels like it in a Yugo.

They promised to "take care of me" over the weekend. I don't know what that means exactly, or whether I really want to be taken care of.

Some might find all this exciting. I suppose I do too, in a way, but I'd rather know a lot more about what to expect before climbing on the plane.

When I get home, it's laundry and repack and sleep before driving right back to the airport for a trip to Nevada the next day. The thought exhausts me.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting this is the last post you'll see from me for at least 2, and possibly 3 weeks. Hope you can survive without my semi-regular tidbits of reason and wisdom.

Out.

No comments: