Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Voted

I voted today, because I might be out of town next Tuesday.

It was easy, and didn't take long. I don't see what the flap is all about with having to show an ID. No problem.

As far as the new computer terminal, it seemed to work OK. I can understand where people might get concerned about hacking, but it seems to me that with adequate security measures and other checks and balances, like making sure the number of people who voted on the machine matches the number of people who showed up to vote, should help insure it doesn't get hacked.

I took my own advice. There was a local board that I didn't know anything about, and didn't know anybody running for it. So I didn't vote for anyone for that board. Otherwise I had done my homework and voted for the best options in each race.

It will be interesting to see how I did after all the votes are in next week.

No comments: