Friday, May 13, 2005

Here Comes Summer

Tim's done next Thursday and Nick's done in about 2 weeks, and the summer is here. I'm expecting a good summer, and hope to have time to do more fun stuff outdoors with the kids.

I really want to drop some pounds and have a little more energy to do the things I like. Got to find that balance between working just hard enough to keep the income where I need it but leaving free time to play.

It's very good that both Nick & Tim have decent jobs this summer. It helps both from the perspective that they're taking responsibility for what they can do for their college financing and not choosing to lay around all summer expecting Mom & Dad to take care of everything.

I'm wrapping up the project up in the Chicago area, and so far don't know what my next assignment might be. On one hand, I don't mind it if I have a week or two lag between projects, but on the other I don't want to be idle for a month. It definitely is time to get the new Corporation organized and do some strategic planning. I'd like to get some other people working and providing revenue for the corporation very soon to take some of the pressure off of me to get out there and bill as many hours as possible. Gotta find that first commission salesperson to work the Web business first.

The feedback from this client has been very good, so I hope to get another letter to continue to build my reference base. It's also time to build my consulting website as soon as I get some time.

Sounds like a busy summer after all.

No comments: