Friday, March 26, 2010

Revisiting Tournament Comment

So Butler not only beat Syracuse, they did it without having their best possible game.

Although I can't offer much in the way of analysis, because I was traveling and didn't see the game. Driving, it was a frustrating process - finding the game on the radio, listening for about 10 or 15 minutes before the AM station faded out, then scanning and scanning until I picked up another station and repeating the process.

I thought is was strange that the closer I got to home, and thus presumably Butler country, the harder it was to find the game on any local stations. I actually missed most of the second half because no station in range of my vehicle, AM or FM, was carrying it.

They don't get Xavier again, but K State just barely squeaked through in overtime.

I like the Bulldogs' chances of making the Final Four, although certainly the win they need to get home for that is hardly in the bag.

Tonight we find out whether Purdue has enough for Duke. Again, it would seem a long shot in theory, but Butler's shown long shots do win sometimes.



Good stuff.

No comments: