Monday, July 31, 2006

Who is Responsible?

Conventional wisdom these days says that we are all responsible for our own successes and failures. We create our own problems, and have the capacity to solve them. That the measure of a man is how effective he is at meeting life's problems head-on and turning problems into opportunities.

I keep trying to tell myself the same thing. My problems are really opportunities to grow and succeed in life. They are the hot flame that hardens and refines me. They help me grow in wisdom.

Thanks, but I'm at the point where I think it's time to turn down the heat a bit. There seems to be too much being thrown at me at once this summer, and I'm ready to surrender. Stress makes me stupid - I almost took a bad job just for the change, and health insurance. I've been working like a maniac, but somehow it's never enough. I've been trying to make everyone happy, but nobody is; especially me.

When there are too many problems that I can't solve, I feel out of control. This is one of those times. I know I must snap out of it, and solve the problems. But right now I'd rather just hide out for awhile.

Somehow over the course of the next few weeks I'll find a way to make things a little better. But just temporarily better, not solved.

Gotta stop before I give away what I must keep to myself.

No comments: