Tuesday, June 13, 2006

See My Head Spinning

What a week.

I get a "free" week, with plans only to wrap up some administrative stuff, clean up the office, follow up on some marketing leads, that sort of stuff. I thought it would be a fairly easy and relaxed week.

No way.

My head is spinning from all that's happened in two days. All of a sudden I seem to have no less than three suitors; solid companies that are interested in either hiring me full-time or locking me into a big contract. How did that happen?

Not to mention I had my first meeting with a new prospective customer, who then said, "Let's go!". Wow, what if I could get one or two of those a week, I couldn't stand it.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next couple of weeks.

Had to visit the dentist this week. People who think the American military is torturing terrorist prisoners don't know what they're talking about. For me, the dentist chair is torture defined. I absolutely cringe at the very thought of somebody sticking their fingers into my mouth.

Want to get Al Quaeda prisoners to spill their guts? Just form the US 54th Dentist Brigade and send them to Gitmo or wherever. One look at a geeky dentist wielding a drill and the prisoner's will happily give up Osama himself.

And I had to pay an exhorbitant price for the priviledge of 2 hours of torture. It doesn't seem right.

Want to make me gag? Just douse yourself with perfume or cologne or hair spray in my presence, or stick a bite mold in my mouth. At least I didn't throw up all over the Dentist when he stuck that thing in yesterday.

Monday I went to the dentist and survived. Now I feel I can face anything. At least for this week.

1 comment:

N said...

i need to go to the dentist soon... stupid end-to-end bite.